Children’s Stories – J.C. Ryle Chapter 2
I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. (2 John 1:4 NKJ)
I. What does walking in truth mean? (Circle all correct answers)
1. It has to do with your feet.
2. It has to do with your behavior.
3. It has to do with a person’s life being like a journey.
4. It means walking in the ways the Bible teaches.
5. It means avoiding the wicked ways of an ungodly world.
6. It means not being deceived by the devil.
7. It means sinning will not harm you.
II. Are people who walk in truth different than others? In what ways?
III. What do children who walk in truth think about sin? (Circle all correct answers)
1. They feel themselves full of it.
2. They are grieved and humbled by it.
3. They enjoy it.
4. They think it not a big deal, especially if the sins are little.
5. They hate sin.
IV. Do you hate sin?
V. Do you love Jesus Christ?
VI. Is there any way of salvation apart from Christ?
VII. What does it mean to serve God with a true heart?
VIII. What does it mean to do the things that are true and right in God’s sight?
IX. What is the first reason Ryle said that John rejoiced to see children walking in truth?
X. Is it a common thing for children to walk in truth? In Ryle’s day? Today?
XI. How does walking in truth relate to happiness?
XII. Would John rejoice over you? Your children? Your grandchildren?